Sunday, February 14, 2010

Saturday 2/13/2010



So by 2 pm on Saturday the snow is 95% gone in Charlotte. I went to a friends house and watched some of the NBA All Star coverage then left for the show around 9:30 and arrived in NoDa at 9:45.


Show 3 of 7 - Umphrey's Mcgee (http://www.umphreys.com/) Neighborhood Theatre - NoDa - Charlotte, NC



Only my friend James and I had already purchased tickets days before and when we arrived the show was sold out. We were actually about 5 min late and the show had already began. Other than the first time I saw Dark Star Orchestra in February 2007 I have not seen so many people at the Neighborhood Theatre. EVER. This was the only downside of the evening. If you are familiar with the venue we found a place to stand in the very back on the left side in the main room. There were still a ton of people but we were able to see fine. The show was Amazing. I had seen UM last March for the first time and had a blast and this was just as good. Other than Phish, I have never seen a light show so exquisite and in detail with the music the band is playing. I have a video that I'll try to upload later that I took on my phone. I recommend to anyone who hasn't heard of them to go at least and buy one of their CD's. Even if you don't like this genre of music I would still give it a try. I have friends who like their music and hate Phish, Grateful Dead, etc.... The first set was shorter than I expected but they played a longer second set with a cover of Can't you see that was excellent - During the second set we stood on the side area that overlooks the stage to the left. Still very crowded. I'm hoping that the next time they come to town they play a bigger venue because they have exhausted the space at the Neighborhood Theatre. Overall (crowd not a factor) I would give this show a 10 out of 10 for what I expected.

Ticket Price $22
Another great week of live music - Next show Dark Star Orchestra Friday the 19th






No comments:

Post a Comment