Sunday, February 14, 2010

Saturday 2/6/2010


I'm starting a week late so all of this a week behind b/c the inspiration for doing this didn't start until this morning BUT I hope you all enjoy!!!


First Concert of the 7 - Perpetual Groove (http://www.pgroove.com/)- Neighborhood Theatre - NoDa - Charlotte, NC


I have a lot of friends that have seen Perpetual Groove many times. I first heard of them my Sr year in college (Appalachian State) when they played at legends the local venue on campus. This was my first time actually seeing PGroove (nickname). I went with my friends Bo, Abbott, and Dustin and a couple of friends that I currently work with. The show itself was really good being that it was the first time that I had seen them. It definitely met my expectations for a good jam band and I had a blast at the show. Some of my friends that have seen the show before said that it was an OK show but not the best that it could have been from their previous experiences. What did catch me off guard was the length of the show. Generally jam bands play longer and extended sets and songs can last anywhere from 4 - 20 minutes each since a majority of it is free style "jaming" and not so much defined lyrics only. From what I can recall from last Saturday the show seemed to be only 1.5 - 1.75 hours total this is not including their set break after about only a 50 min first set. The band did play naive melody from the Talking Heads which is my favorite Talking Heads song. In my opinion only I do not think that they did the song any justice and I was not impressed. They also did play Helter Skelter by the Beatles which I believe they did a very good job with. Overall regardless of length I would give the show an 8.5 / 10 - I would definitely go see them again next time they come to town


Ticket Price $15

Next Stop - Further!!!!!!

1 comment: